Saturday, August 22, 2009

there is no such thing

After digging the truth behind films, i tried to study film critics and audiences, their perception on films, what do they want? what do they crave for?

I discovered there is no such thing as a crap movie.

Of course, u might not like the film, or such things like, poor cinematography, or bad audio, or ridiculous story lines, or flat dialogues or too slow. But the truth is some people like those kind of imperfections. To me, i crave for understatement, dry and dark comedies, that my friend's don't understand. To them it's boring and minimal, but to me, it's a whole lot more than just it. I don't enjoy most of CGI movies of today that most teenagers, young adults and children got to because why? because it's just not my kind of films anymore. And most people will go to this kind of movies because it's a heart-pumping experience that will leave you glued to your seat, dead speechless. I don't see that, but others do. So, does that make a film bad? or crap?

And recently, the much anticipated 'The Spirit' came out but it didn't get a positive review on most people and film critics. But there are people who enjoyed it.

so, watch films in your own perception, not others

2 comments:

KhalidahDz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KhalidahDz said...

m hm, i second that. but u gotta admit lah, the spirit cam agk, *coughs* how should i say this, hm, shitty? sure, the movie is different, but still kinda crappy. for me, that movie, is a complete waste of time.